Nano-Nope

 

Autumn, 2008

Well, hello from another week of not-a-lot of writing. But it’s kinda ok because there has been art. It seems to me that it really is one or the other — I can write or I can art and I don’t tend to ever have the creative/mental energy or spoons to do them both at once. And that’s ok, because at least I’m still managing to do them. I spent nearly 2 years doing neither while I bounced from prednisolone to DMARDs 1-3, and seriously, I am so grateful for what little bits I’m managing.

It’s getting on to the middle of November (yeah, I don’t know how either) and this autumn into winter is highlighting a lot of changes that need to be made. For starters, not expecting too much when I’m not doing well. But also how things that used to work maybe don’t work anymore and how the sunk cost fallacy really plays into this. If I keep things simple, and don’t feel any guilt or shame about the things that don’t work anymore, then hopefully this already stressful winter (for so many) will be easier. Or at least less stressful.

Still liking posting here and over on Substack, less so on IG, as ever. 

In short, wishing you a good week. 

Comments