Nano Who?

hanging out in graveyards since 2008

Well, that didn’t last long. 

I know it’s only a week in, but the overwhelming mindset of Nano seems to be “you can sleep in December!” and that does not work for me. I’ve deleted discord, avoided the forums, and haven’t written for 2 days because I haven’t been feeling well. I’ve already hit 50k in October anyway, so that’s not my goal. I wanted to do this to write in community, but when the community feels so toxic, what’s the point?

(Note: not saying motivated, excited, goal-oriented people are toxic, but that that kind of environment is toxic to me. Everyone is different.)

Now I’m going to go rest. If I write, I write. And sleep will definitely happen now, not just in December.

 

Comments

  1. And i'm smiling because I fell at the first fence so am joining you in the "nano who?" camp. I have such mixed feelings about the whole thing and recognize that much of my inclination to do it is rooted in wanting to belong to something...which is probably excessively existential of me but there you have it. :D I haven't written since last Thursday? and may or may not pick it up again but my daily life requires my energy and attention elsewhere and there aren't many creative pennies left to spend after all that. So yes, if I write, I write. If not, so be it. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Mel. While I’m not happy you’re here with me, it’s nice not to be alone. And you’re so right - life takes a lot of energy right now and writing is just one part of it. A huge part, but still just one.

      Take care.

      Delete

Post a Comment