Autumn Tidying

film makes everything photogenic.

 For some reason, today has been a day of tidying and clearing out. My inboxes are blissfully empty (not that I expect them to stay like that for long - the problem with 90% of emails is that you get replies and it never ends. That’s not to say that all emails are awful, but most of them are.) And I tidied my to-do lists and got myself clear on a few things I’m wanting to do, and most importantly, on what I’m not wanting to do.

I’m taking a break from IG this month, and the quiet is so peaceful that I’m going to do it again next month, as part of a new schedule of regular IG breaks. Every 3 months, I am planning a month off. We’ll see how that all works.

But it’s timely, because I am thinking of NaNoWriMo for November. A highly modified nano, which technically I started in October and have managed about 30k so far, which is not the point for me. I’m hoping to get a rewrite done this autumn/winter, with as many breaks and short-word days as the RA and my brain needs, but in community, hence the Nano. We’ll see.

We’ll see does seem to be my watchword at the moment, but what else can I say? Rigid plans tend to fall by the wayside, absolutes wibble and fall apart. If there’s one thing I’ve learned in these past few years especially, it’s that my health dictates everything, and ignoring it (for whatever reason and at whoever’s bidding) is ridiculous - I only manage to make myself feel worse. And what’s the point of that?

Comments